Focus and concentration are crucial components of a productive life, both in the short term and in the long term. Scientists have proven that food affects your memory, ability to focus, mental clarity and mood.
You’re probably looking to improve all of these, right? Maybe you should consider healthy eating to make you feel better and have a sharp mind.
Here are some incredible foods to eat more often…
1. Leafy Green Vegetables — My fave! Because of their rich carotenoid and antioxidant properties, these foods are known to boost brainpower. After eating these foods religiously for six months, three times a week, I have seen my memory improve. My Doc tells me that this is because leafy green vegetables are rich in vitamin B.
2. Water — The reason I include water here is that without it, your brain would be devoid of electrical energy. Water is the engine behind all the activities that take place in the brain. Try it and you will discover one thing: the more water you take the more creative and clearer your mind becomes. Since every function in the body depends on water, you will also realize that your overall well being will also improve because water is a component of healthy eating to make you feel better.
3. Dark Chocolate — I used to be a fan of the milky and sugary chocolate until I discovered the power of dark chocolate. If you want to be more focused on your daily tasks, I would recommend you include this chocolate in your list of daily snacks. Its small amount of caffeine is enough to enhance your alertness for several hours.
I know how stressful office environments can sometimes turn out to be. One of the best ways to de-stress is chow down on the dark chocolate. Its magnesium content promotes the release of serotonin and endorphins, which are feel-good hormones.
4. Seeds and Nuts — If you aren’t already eating nuts and seeds, there’s enough research about why you should go nuts about these foods. In case you’re worried about aging, you’ll love this: these foods contain Vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that slows down the decline of cognitive ability. Seeds and nuts also aid brain focus because they have high amounts of amino acids and essential oils.
5. Fatty Fish (rather than skinny fish, ha!) — In our Chemistry classes in high school, I remember my teacher telling us about the low rates of bipolar disorder in Japan. While the prevalence of the condition in America is 4.4 percent, it is only 0.07 percent there.
Why is there such a big disparity between these two civilized nations? Partly because they eat more fish and do so more frequently. Thanks to that chemistry lesson a while ago, I eat fish regularly for their Omega-3 fatty acids. Throughout my school life ever since, my focus and performance have been remarkable. A+ all the way!
6. Green Tea — Did you know that brain cells are susceptible to damage? Did you also know that green tea is one of those super foods that can prevent depletion of brain cells? You’ve probably heard quite a bit about the benefits of this beverage over the years. Its ability to enhance mental alertness and memory is what keeps me drinking it. Plus I don’t get the jitters like I do with coffee.
So, what are you doing about focus and alertness? You can begin improving your mental health immediately by eating more of these amazing foods today.
And that, along with the other things I talk about in this website will enhance your success in life. 100% guaranteed.
Stay tuned so you can see what comes next! ‘Til tomorrow…